Welcome to the Careers & Employability Service at the Nottingham Emmanuel School
We believe that all of our students should have the right to develop skills to shape life well and have a positive impact on society. We also believe that our careers and employability program should encourage each student to have hope and aspiration for their future and ensure the greatest degree of social mobility for all. The careers service is therefore designed to support students at various stages of their academic journey, ensuring that they are able to make informed decisions about their future career choices and plan for careers that may not yet exist. Students can access a range of information, advice and guidance through our dedicated Careers Adviser – Mrs Newnham, activities outlined below and subject teachers in the school.
Students can expect:
- A planned programme from Years 9-13
- Information and guidance on Option choices
- On-going and impartial guidance
- Factual and up to date information
- Opportunities to experience the world of work
- Gain relevant employability skills, such as how to write a CV and cover letter, make applications & learn interview skills
- To have their aspirations treated with dignity and respect
- An opportunity to have an individual careers interview with a qualified advisor.
The careers service can be accessed through a number of ways from 1:1 careers appointments, drop-in sessions, workshops and employability activities tailored to meet the diverse needs of our students.
Our aim is to ensure that our students leave the Nottingham Emmanuel School with the skills and confidence that will equip them for their approaching careers, as well as live life in all its fullness as outlined in the Bible in John 10:10.
Any external providers and employers who are interested in providing our students with information on training and apprenticeship, please see our Provider Access Policy regarding how to get in contact.