School Visitors – Policy and Procedures
The Nottingham Emmanuel School, complies fully with the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act and welcomes all visitors to the school but would seek their support in maintaining a safe environment for all by bringing formal, photographic identification with them and following the procedure as outlined below:
- Once on site, all visitors must report to the main reception first. No visitor is permitted to enter the school via any other entrance under any circumstances.
- At main reception, all visitors must state the purpose of their visit and who has invited them. They should be ready to produce formal identification upon request and a photocopy will be made.
- All visitors will be asked to sign the Visitors daily record sheet which is kept in main reception at all times making note of their name, organisation, who they are visiting and car registration (if applicable)
- All visitors will be required to wear a visitor’s badge – the badge must remain visible throughout their visit.
- Visitors will then be escorted to their point of contact OR their point of contact will be asked to come to main reception to receive the visitor. The contact will then be responsible for them while they are on site. The visitor must not be allowed to move about the site unaccompanied unless they are a regular visitor who is registered on the school’s single central record.