Knowing and understanding how our school works is an essential part of the support that you can offer to your child to help them to thrive; regular communication is a key feature of the successful partnerships that we aim to foster. We hope that our website will guide you to a range of information but please also use the Parent Handbook as a useful reference point to clarify specific details:
Printable Year 7 Parents Handbook 2022 23
If you have any questions, no matter how minor they may seem, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us here at The Nottingham Emmanuel School.
Please find below useful information:
ParentMail is the service we use to communicate with parents and families.
- Receive messages in the normal way via text or email.
- Use a free mobile app on Android and iOS to pick up school messages instantly.
- Have an account simply for school messages (away from your busy email inbox!)
- Connect to other schools, nurseries or clubs that use ParentMail.
- Highlight important messages or archive old messages to make life easier.
- Messages can be sent directly to mums, dads and carers – even grandparents!
- e-payment method that should be used to pay for all trips and uniform and to top up your child’s lunch account. Lunch accounts can also be topped up by students with cash using the credit machines in the Dining Hall. We use ParentMail to make payments easier and to remove the need for students to carry large amounts of cash.
Registering with ParentMail is very easy! If you haven’t yet registered, please contact Student Services on 0115 977 5380, option 2 for the registration link.
Once registered, if you have an Android or Apple smartphone, we would highly recommend you download the ParentMail App for the best user experience. To do this, simply search for “ParentMail in your App store.
If you cannot make online payments you are able to use PayPoint. Please select this option on checkout.
Application forms for bus passes can be downloaded using the links below and need to be returned to Student Services. These will then be signed and sent on to the Council on behalf of parents. At this stage, any queries should be directed to the relevant Council on:
County – 0115 9772417
City – 0115 8764641